Re: union of anyAttribute namespace constraints

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 03 Apr 2003 09:33:37 +0100
To: Tom Moog <tmoog@sarvega.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Tom Moog <tmoog@sarvega.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> In the schema specification 1.0 errata (2003/03/07) for
> computing the intensional union of namespace
> constraints for xs:anyAttribute item (5) states:
>
> 5. If either O1 or O2 is a pair of *not* and a namespace name
> and the other is a set of (namespace names or *absent*)
> (call this set S), then the appropriate case among the following
> must be true:
>
> 5.1 If the set S includes both the negated namespace name and
> *absent*, then *any* must be the value.
>
> and similar points which appear to assume that S may contain
> a negated namespace name.

Sorry, perhaps that wording is less clear than it should be.  By "S
includes . . . the negated namespace name . . ." is meant "S includes
a namespace name, which is the name negated in/by the other
constraint."

So if e.g.
  O1 is not(http://www.example.org/ns1)
and
  O2 is { http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml , http://www.example.org/ns1 }

then O2 "includes the negated namespace name".

Hope this helps.

                      Half-time member of W3C Team