Re: How to reference attributes from list items

From: Eric Jain <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 18:40:42 +0200
To: <noah_mendelsohn@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "xmlschema-dev" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

> it was understood from the start that more general co-occurrence
> constraints would be need, but I'm not at all sure in retrospect that we
> did the right thing to do key/keyref first.

Thanks for the insight. I guess in order to express co-occurrence
constraints in a general way you would need some kind of if-then-else
constructs. Meanwhile, I'm sure you love to see people misusing keys to do
things such as:

<xsd:key name="commentValue">
   <xsd:selector xpath="comments/comment"/>
   <xsd:field xpath="@value|value"/>
</xsd:key>

Eric Jain