Re: XSV v.s XML Spy (different result)?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:46:15 +0100
To: "Y. Han" <yhan@uwo.ca>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi,

> 1. XML spy said the <xsd:list itemType="PrivilegeType"> is not
> valid. (is the list cnnot have the itemType from "complexType",
> right? or does it related to Namespace)

It's that lists can't have items of a complex type. The error occurs
because PrivilegeType is a complex type.

> 2. which validator is authorized? XSV or XML Spy?

I'm not sure what you mean by "authorized" (authorised by whom?), but
neither validator is completely conformant to the XML Schema
Recommendation. I suggest that you use Xerces-J, Xerces-C++ or MSXML4;
these still have a few bugs in them too, but they're a lot closer than
either XSV or XML Spy.

Cheers,

Jeni

---