RE: Include Problem with IBM SQC

From: WATKIN-JONES,ADAM (HP-UnitedKingdom,ex1) <adam_watkin-jones@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 12:19:10 +0100
To: "'Eric Jain'" <Eric.Jain@isb-sib.ch>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Thanks Eric!

I'll have a close look at the link.  I think I do have a variable content
problem - each including file needs to define different content for, in my
example, the root element.

Indeed, TestCommon.xsd is invalid 'stand-alone'.  I have been looking at
section 4.2.1 in XML Schema Part 1: Structures, where include is defined,
and there is the following constraint:

"1 If the ·actual value· of the schemaLocation [attribute] successfully
resolves one of the following must be true:
1.1 It resolves to (a fragment of) a resource which is an XML document (of
type application/xml or text/xml with an XML declaration for preference, but
this is not required), which in turn corresponds to a <schema> element
information item in a well-formed information set, which in turn corresponds
to a valid schema.
1.2 It resolves to a <schema> element information item in a well-formed
information set, which in turn corresponds to a valid schema."

So, my guess is that SQC is correct and MSXML and XSV are in error.

Could anyone confirm which is correct?

Regards,
Adam