Re: newbie question - attributes

From: Michael Ryan Bannon <mrbannon@uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 16:05:05 -0400
To: "Bob Schloss" <rschloss@us.ibm.com>, "Henry S. Thompson" <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hello again,

Sorry for the late response on this...I was on vacation.
This is the updated schema I used:

This is the instance:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<blah xmlns:test="http://www.swen.uwaterloo.ca/~mrbannon/PROTOTYPE"
 <yoyo test:data_item="jklsdfjklsdfjlksdfjkl"/>

And this was the response.  It didn't seem to make any difference.
Schema validating with XSV of 2002/06/10
  a.. Target: file:/usr/local/XSV/xsvlog/@29232.4uploaded
     (Real name: J:\Thesis\Model\instance.xml)
  b.. docElt: {None}blah
  c.. schemaLocs: http://www.swen.uwaterloo.ca/~mrbannon/PROTOTYPE ->
  d.. The schema(s) used for schema-validation had no errors
  e.. instanceAssessed: false
I'm not sure what to make of this.
Should I be enforcing a lax validation (if possible)?