I am having a problem with using XSD & XSL in the same document

From: vze3y7w8 <boris.kortiak@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:43:39 -0400
I am working with my family on developing a family tree.  I am using
XMLSPY to do the development.  I am having a problem using XSD and XSL
in the same document.

If you look at
http://users.erols.com/bpkprsnl/Kortiak/FamilyTree_xsd.xml you should
see a table of various members of my family.

If you look at the XML source, about the third line down, you will see a
commented out root declaration with information about the CSD as
generated by XMLSPY.

The problem I am having is that if I restore that line and comment out
the other root declaration I only get the data contents of the XML
document and no XSL formatting is performed.

How do I correct this?  Pointer to on-line resources would be greatly
appreciated (I do not mind RTFM; I just do not which M to R).

In addition, if you are aware of any projects which have already created
schemas for genealogy (other than gedML, which seems not to have seen
any activity in a long while), I would greatly appreciate the info.

TIA for any hints you can provide.