Re: A complex type cannot be a restriction of a simpleType ??

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 08 Oct 2002 09:10:30 +0100
To: "Arnaud Blandin" <blandin@intalio.com>
Cc: "'Mark Feblowitz'" <mfeblowitz@frictionless.com>, "'Ted Toth'" <ted.toth@vincera.com>, <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

"Arnaud Blandin" <blandin@intalio.com> writes:

> I think I would drop you a note on the Castor behavior:
> Castor is right (please tell me here if I am wrong) since the schema is
> missing an explicit targetNamespace so Castor assumes that the
> targetNamespace is going to be http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema and thus
> when resolving 'ID', it will find {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}ID
> which is a simpleType. Thus an exception is thrown.

Nope -- no targetNamespace means the definitions and declarations are
for names in no known namespace.  There's also no default namespace
declaration, so unprefixed references, such as base='ID' and
base='element', are also to names in no known namespace, so the ID
refered to is indeed the ID defined in the schema document Ted Toth