Major new release of XSV

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 02 Oct 2002 16:48:57 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, xml-dev@lists.xml.org

I've just released a new version of XSV, basically completely
reorganising the code to make it PPC (Python Polically Correct).

New functionality includes command-line settable optional invocation
control of top-level element name and/or type, partial support for the
'pattern' facet.

Source is still in the same repository, one level down, i.e.

  http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/xmlschema/XSV/

See the status page [1] for more details, including information on the
Win32 installer [2] and running the sources (easier now, because there
are RPMs for the underlying PyLTXML stuff).

The web interface will be pointed to the upgraded version shortly.

Since this is a major re-org, there's obviously a bigger chance than
usual of bugs lurking, despite moderately careful regression testing
-- please let me know ASAP of anything that stops working.

ht

[1] http://www.ltg.ed.ac.uk/~ht/xsv-status.html
[2] ftp://ftp.cogsci.ed.ac.uk/pub/XSV/XSV16.EXE