Re: XML Schema validator caching?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 26 Nov 2002 17:50:35 +0000
To: Mikael Sterner <msterner@kth.se>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Mikael Sterner <msterner@kth.se> writes:

> Is there any caching involved in the XML Schema validator at
> http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv? It doesn't seem to properly
> reload the submitted URLs. Strangely, changing to a new unique
> combination of the options below (the checkboxed and radio buttons)
> seem to make the reloading work, but there are only so many unique
> combinations of those.

There have been problems of this sort reported of and on over the
years, but neight I nor the W3C webmasters have never been able to
find any sign of anything at our end -- suspicion inevitably falls
back towards the client end.  Note that the modDate attribute on the
xsv result element can help a bit in tracking this down -- if you look
at the headers of the file in question independently of W3C,
e.g. using

  wget -S

you may detect whether your own server is the problem.

Of course, installing XSV locally will solve your problem much more

Sorry for your difficulties.