RE: IS it possible to have a blank date element

Look at making the element nillable and specifying xsi:nil="true" in the instance documents.

 -----Original Message-----
 From: helen.mauger@rawlinson-hunter.gg [mailto:helen.mauger@rawlinson-hunter.gg]
 Sent: Wed 11/20/2002 9:00 AM
 To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
 Subject: IS it possible to have a blank date element

 Hi

 I am creating a schema that has amongst its elements a date element ie type = xs:date. This element is causing me a headache as it is not mandatory. I have been unable to find a way to allow this element to be left blank (I have tried setting minOcc to 0 but I get the error "Invalid value for datatype date"). I am beginning to thing that I will have to create a default of 9999-01-01 to allow people to skip over this field. Can anyone tell me different

 Thanks

 Helen

The information contained in this email is confidential and is intended

for the use of the addressee only. Any unauthorised dissemination or

copying of this email, and any use of disclosure of information

contained in it, is strictly prohibited and may be illegal.

Please let us know immediately by telephone if the email has been sent

to you in error (+44 1481 711166).