Re: lax wildcards [was Re: variable element names]

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 20 Nov 2002 13:26:59 +0000
To: "Morris Matsa" <mmatsa@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "Bob Schloss" <rschloss@us.ibm.com>, "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

There's no doubt this is a tricky area of the spec.

I'm sitting in the W3C AC Meeting, and can't give your post the
detailed consideration it deserves, nor will I be able to until next
week.  Meantime, you might want to have a look at the tabulation of
outcomes [1] that Michael Sperberg-McQueen, Richard Tobin and I put
together some time ago when trying to get to grips with this stuff.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/XML/2001/06/validity-outcomes.html