Re: Integrating XLink attributes into XML Schema

Hello again,

Another question (indirectly) involving schemas and imported namespaces.
There's a posting in the mailing list that says to use the XML Schema
<import> element to include an XLink schema into another schema.  This seems
to work fine.
however, would it be possible to use the XML Schema <include> attribute just
as well?

I'm assumming not (and please let me know if I'm right or wrong) because the
<include>d schema may be in a totally different namespace, in which case
there would be problems with the qualified names.  Thus, to "include" (no
pun intended) this schema, we would have to <import> it so there are no
problems...correct?

So, wouldn't it be better just to use <import> all the time?  I mean, I can
see the advantage of using <include> (if it's analogous to, say, a C++
include statement), but wouldn't that imply that you have several different
schemas with the same target namespace?  Wouldn't that get confusing?  Am I
totally off here?

Thanks,

Ryann