Re: variable element names

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:19:14 -0500
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

I would like to ask for clarification of something in Noah's solution.

If the element information item that appears in the instance document that
matches the wildcard particle has no global element declaration in the
schema, then what Noah wrote is definitely correct.

But if there was a global element declaration (matching the namespace and
tag of the element info item in the instance) in the schema that specified
a type,
then I'm not sure if what Noah wrote is exactly right.

I believe that if the content of that element information item does not
match the content model of that type, you would see something in the PSVI
that indicates that the inner content did not match the type of the
element.

But I'm not sure and couldn't find the write parts of the specification
that would make this clear.  Clarification appreciated.

Bob