Re: >xsv tlsx131.xsd tlsx131.xsd

"Stanley Guan" <stanley.guan@oracle.com> writes:

> In the following test scenario, I use tlsx131.xsd as both instance document
> and schema document.  It looks like XSV is happy about it.  In this case,
> does XSV use schema of schema's to validate the instance document and
> ignore the provided schema document?
>
> F:\Xsv>xsv tlsx131.xsd tlsx131.xsd

Long answer:

So what happens is first XSV looks at the 2nd through nth files on the
command line, assumes they are schema docs, checks them against the
sForS and constructs components from them.  Then it tries to
schema-validate the 1st file, using whatever schema components it's
got.  In this case, that just means tlsx131.xsd will get validated
twice.

Short answer:  It's not a bug to provide schema docs for namespaces
which aren't used in valdating the instance at hand.