Looking for experiences with inline XML-Schemas

From: Charles E Campbell <campbelc@calweb.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 11:23:50 -0800
To: XML-Schema_DEV <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hello:

         I am working on a NOTE for the XML-Schema Standards on inline
Schemas.  There seems to be at least three ways to write an embedded schema
within an XML Document.   Not all of these are supported by XML Parsers, in
fact, there are many parsers that do not support inline schemas at
all.  The best support seems to be Microsoft's .net parser environment.

         So my question is should I mention all three possible ways or
focus on the way Microsoft is supporting this feature.  The approach that
Microsoft has taken seems to be the best for streaming parsers.  It should
also be able to be supported by DOM parsers.

         I would like to hear back from developers.  Also, I would like to
see how many developers have used inline schemas in there work.

Thanks for any feedback,

Chuck

Charles E. Campbell Ph.D.

River City Research Group