Re: redefine and multiple includes

Hello Henry,

thanks for your response.

IBM Schema Quality Validator reports an error on the schemas as given below.
XSV does not report an error, but does not support redefine of group.
XML Spy reports an error complaining that the group grp.on is not present in
the original schema file and does not show the element var unless I add it
to the redefine in level C.
Turbo XML does not report an error but does not depict the redefined model,
only the original model.

XML spy and Turbo XML are used because they have a graphical representation
of the schema and are xml editors. Unfortunately, XML Spy crashes when
creating a document instance against the schema, likely because the redefine
of groups. Turbo XML will allow insertion of the additional elements
manually, but does not list the new elements.

So, maybe the schema is correct and XML Spy is wrong.

Francis

> "Francis Brouns" <francis.brouns@ou.nl> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I searched through the archives but could not find a solution.
> >
> > I am creating 3 levels of a schema. Level a is the basis. Level b
includes
> > level a and redefines some groups and complexTypes. Level c includes
level b
> > and adds some more elements to those already added in level b. However
it
> > looks like the addition of level b are gone in level c, so I have to add
> > those elements that I added in level b again in level c. Is this
correct?

> > schema level a:
> > <xs:group name="grp.on">
> >   <xs:sequence>
> >    <xs:element ref="description" minOccurs="0"/>
> >   </xs:sequence>
> >  </xs:group>
> >
> > schema level b: redefine level a
> > <xs:redefine schemaLocation="level-a.xsd">
> > <xs:group name="grp.on">
> >    <xs:sequence>
> >     <xs:group ref="grp.on" minOccurs="0"/>
> >     <xs:element ref="var" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
> >    </xs:sequence>
> >   </xs:group>
> >

> > schema level c: redefine level b
> > <xs:redefine schemaLocation="level-b.xsd">
> > <xs:group name="grp.on">
> >    <xs:sequence>
> >     <xs:group ref="grp.on" minOccurs="0"/>
> >     <xs:element ref="not" />
> >    </xs:sequence>
> >   </xs:group>
> >
> > In level c the group grp.on should contain description, var and not, but
it
> > only contains description and not, unless I add var as well.
>
> Should work as you have it, but I can't test it because XSV doesn't
> support group redefinition -- which schema processor are you using?
>
> ht
> --
>   Henry S. Thompson, HCRC Language Technology Group, University of
Edinburgh