RE: Element name duplication

    or, if you have a limited and fixed amount of languages to support it
may be better to specify the language as an element names thus ensuring that
all of the languages will be present and not duplicated e.g.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<myElement>
	<code>22</code>
	<en>xxxxxxx</en>
	<fr>xxxxxxx</fr>
</myElement>

with the schema

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!--W3C Schema generated by XML Spy v4.3 U (http://www.xmlspy.com)-->
elementFormDefault="qualified">
	<xs:element name="myElement">
		<xs:complexType>
			<xs:sequence>
				<xs:element name="code" type="xs:byte"/>
				<xs:element name="en" type="xs:string"/>
				<xs:element name="fr" type="xs:string"/>
			</xs:sequence>
		</xs:complexType>
	</xs:element>
</xs:schema>

if you need you place restrictions on the descxription text then you would
replace the type 0f xs:string with your own complexType of description.

Colin