RE: constraints on model group schema components: Unique Particle Att ribution

Thank you very much for your help Noah.
This was exactly the information I needed.

In fact I thought an "intelligent" parser might scan further particles and
let the document pass, if there are only element references.

But this is a violation against

http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#coss-modelGroup

3.8.6 Constraints on Model Group Schema Components

Schema Component Constraint: Unique Particle Attribution

the particle contained .... can be uniquely determined without examining the
content or attributes of that item, and without any information about the
items in the remainder of the sequence.

So you are right,

Thank you very much,

Peter