Incorrect value for W3C_XMLSchema_TestCollection/NIST_double

From: <Dmitry_Trifonov@exigengroup.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:51:14 +0300
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hello,

I have readed W3C_XMLSchema_TestCollection/diffNIST_double

   NISTXML-double-minExclusive-1-    NIST    File:                                  Test files                             Expecte
   1                                         NISTSchema-double-minExclusive-1.xs    NISTSchema-double-minExclusive-1.xs    d
                                             d This schema specifies a datatype,    d                                      S: 1
                                             NISTSchema-double-minExclusive-1,      NISTXML-double-minExclusive-1-1.xml    I: 1
                                             which is derived by restriction of
                                             built-in type double by facet
                                             minExclusive with a value of:
                                             1E-1075

Why value of minExclusive is 1E-1075?
By my mind it is misspelling, because IEEE Standard 754 floating point
defines:
Ranges of Floating-Point Numbers
|-----------------+--------------------+--------------------+---------------------|
|                 |                    |                    |                     |
|                 |    Denormalized    |     Normalized     |     Approximate     |
|                 |                    |                    |       Decimal       |
|                 |                    |                    |                     |
|-----------------+--------------------+--------------------+---------------------|
|                 |                    |                    |                     |
|      Single     |   2(superscript:  |   2(superscript:  |   ~10(superscript: |
|    Precision    |  -149) to (1-2     |  -126) to (2-2     |  -44.85) to ~10     |
|                 |  (superscript: -23 |  (superscript: -23 |  (superscript:      |
|                 |  ))x2(superscript: |  ))x2(superscript: |  38.53)             |
|                 |  -126)             |  127)              |                     |
|                 |                    |                    |                     |
|-----------------+--------------------+--------------------+---------------------|
|                 |                    |                    |                     |
|      Double     |   2(superscript:  |   2(superscript:  |   ~10(superscript: |
|    Precision    |  -1074) to (1-2    |  -1022) to (2-2    |  -323.3) to ~10     |
|                 |  (superscript: -52 |  (superscript: -52 |  (superscript:      |
|                 |  ))x2(superscript: |  ))x2(superscript: |  308.3)             |
|                 |  -1022)            |  1023)             |                     |

Best Regards,

Dmitry Trifonov
Exigen Group (Saint-Petersburg)