From: xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org
[mailto:xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Stumpe, Jens
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 12:13 PM
To: 'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'
Subject: XML Terminology

Hello,

is there a good source for terminology used in
the area of XML?
I am just interested in the most common used terms for:

a) The language "XML Schema",
   sometimes referred to as "XML Schema Definition Language" (XSDL).

b) An "XML Schema", like WSDL, HTML, ebXML, ....

c) An XML document which is conform to an XML schema, like
conform
   to XML Schema HTML.

XSD is also an abbreviation (for what?) commonly used.
The usage of "XML Schema" both for the language an a specific definition
is confusing, that's why I am looking for good terms/abbreviations that
are hopefully most commonly used and understood.
It seems to me that there are no 'officially' released terms
(is my impression correct?).

Any comments about that?
(Please reply by Email since I am not subscibed to 'xmlschema-dev').

T.I.A.,
Jens.

PS: For a more detailed view on why I am interested about this,
    read my mail at the bottom to Liam.