RE: Alternative versions of an element within one schema

From: <Simon.Cox@csiro.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:14:55 +0800
To: paul@pnlassociates.com, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
The xsi:type attribute allows you to use an attribute to constrain a content
model.

xsi:type is special in this way - it is pretty much the only "co-occurrence
constraint" of this nature involving element and attributes that is
supported by XML Schema.

_____
Simon.Cox@csiro.au  CSIRO Exploration & Mining
26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington WA 6151
PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102  AUSTRALIA
T: +61 (8) 6436 8639  F: +61 (8) 6436 8555  C: +61 (4) 0330 2672
http://www.csiro.au/page.asp?type=resume&id=CoxSimon