Re: XML Schema 1.1 suggestion - allow defining of namespaces for named elements or attributes

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 18 Jun 2002 15:46:05 +0100
To: <asirv@webmethods.com>
Cc: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "Lee Humphries" <Lee_Humphries@softworks.com.au>

The functionality you require is available via the 'processContents'
attribute of wildcards (<any>).  Just make that 'strict', define
only the elements you mentioned in the relevant namespace, and import
those definitions.

Although under the circumstance, why you are using a wildcard at all
is not clear to me.  Have you read the relevant section of the XML
Schema Primer, namely Importing Types [1]?

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#import