Re: Ambiguous content models -- allowed or disallowed by XSDL?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:45:12 +0100
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, "Morris Matsa" <mmatsa@us.ibm.com>
CC: Ian Stokes-Rees <ijs@decisionsoft.com>, "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>

Hi Morris,

> Jeni, I'm sorry I didn't provide an example earlier. I believe Henry
> has said that he no longer thinks this example is legal. What do you
> think?

Good example, thanks! I guess that the same kind of thing happens in
DTDs if you have (a+)+ for example, but that it doesn't matter because
the maximum occurrence of particles in DTDs is always either 1 or

I'm not qualified to judge whether it's legal or not -- I had the
impression that the intention was that non-deterministic content
models were all illegal. Perhaps Henry or someone will point out the
place in the Rec (or the errata) where this example is covered...

Jeni Tennison