Re: Ambiguous content models -- allowed or disallowed by XSDL?

From: Morris Matsa <mmatsa@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:54:09 -0400
To: Ian Stokes-Rees <ijs@decisionsoft.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

> I believe it does explicitly disallow ACMs,
> and would appreciate some clarification from those who are better versed
> on the subject.

My understanding of the rec:  Ambiguous content models are allowed.  What
is required is that by looking at the next tag's name I must already be
able to unambiguously attribute it to a given unique particle in the
schema.  This disallows most ambiguous content models but allows some of
them.  The rec includes a constraint for this [1], and a non-normative
explanation. [2]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-nonambig
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#non-ambig