Re: Resolve Local XSD with Xerces?

From: Eddie Robertsson <erobertsson@allette.com.au>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:50:26 +1000
To: Tony Noertker <Tony.Noertker@sdrc.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi Tony,

You're probably better off asking specific questions on Xerces on the
xerces-dev list [1].

> I'm using the Xerces parser to parse my XML documents and I would like
> to redirect the schemalocation to a local xsd defined by my server.  The
> Entity Resolver will work for dtds, but what can I use to redirect the
> location of an xsd?

I'm not sure if you can use an entity resolver for the location of an XML
Schema but I know that you can specify the location of the schema through
the http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-schemaLocation or
http://apache.org/xml/properties/schema/external-noNamespaceSchemaLocation
properties [2]. If you set one of these properties this will override the
schema specified in the instance document through schemaLocation or
noNamespaceSchemaLocation.

Cheers,
/Eddie

[1] http://xml.apache.org/mail.html