RE: Circular schema?

From: Brenda Bell <bbell@juicesoftware.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 19:33:05 -0400
To: "Xmlschema-Dev@W3. Org (E-mail)" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
> You should find that somewhere in the WSDL schema is an import for the
> XML Schema namespace; that probably points to the schema for XML
> Schema, which will contain an element declaration for the s:schema
> element.

I think I see where I went wrong, but I want to make sure so please bear
with me:

When I see "<s:element ref="foo:bar"/>", I've normally read it as "this
element is defined by the element bar where bar is defined in a schema whose
target namespace is associated with the prefix foo".

I applied completely different logic to <s:element ref="s:schema"/> because
s:schema just happens to be an XML element in the WSDL document I'm looking
at.  If I apply the same logic, ref="s:schema" means that this element is
defined by the global element "schema" in the imported schema
"http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd"... therefore, there's no conflict.

Right?

P.S.  A thousand apologies for my earlier response sent directly... I meant
to send it to the list and hit the wrong button.  Sorry.