Re: Question about different content-model for element w/ same name

Hi Jeroen,

Jeroen Koops wrote:

>The second reason is the fact that all existing schema-implementations
>(wll, at least the ones I know of) all treat schema-validation implicitly:
>that is, whenever they can find a schema for a certain document, and
>schema-validation is turned on, they will use the schema, and parsing the
>instance-document will fail if it doesn't conform to the schema.
>What I really need is a toolkit which does the following:
>* Read a schema-document and compile it to some internal form.
>* read an instance-document and compile it to some internal form, probably
>a DOM-tree.
>* Ask the validator to check the instance-document against the compiled
>schema, thereby maintaining a connection between each node in the instance
>document and teh schema-element validating it.
>* Allow me to query the validated document for things like:
>  - Can I delete this node from the instance-document and still
>    have a conforming document?
>  - What attributes can this node carry?
>  - What nodes can I insert after this node?

If you need an API for these features you might be interested in a
simple proposal that I have at

http://www.redrice.com/xml/LocallyLinkedInfosets.html

and in the DSDL proposals from Rick Jelliffe and Eric van der Vlist
which I have links to from there. I'd certainly be interested in any
feedback, as I'm sure would Eric and Rick!

Francis.

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson