Re: Is default namespace also applicable to the QName in the XPath spec.?

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 03:00:05PM -0700, Stanley Guan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given a statement like the following:
>
>   <xsd:selector xpath=".//myNS:t/myNS:row"/>
>

> If there is a default namespace (same as the namespace
> what prefix myNS mapped to) in scope, can we
> simplify the above statement to be:
>
>    <xsd:selector xpath=".//t/row"/>?

  I hope the answer is no, because XPath-1.0 states explicitely
that a non-qualified name in an XPath step can only match nodes
without a namespace (i.e. this won't select elements in the default
namespace). I assume/hope XML Schemas is compatible at that level.

Daniel