Re: <xs:any> behavior

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:03:05 +0100
To: "Brian Madigan" <bmadigan@oliverecords.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi Brian,

> I am finding that the xs:any declaration works as suggested in XML
> Spy's validator, but not in xerces-J 1.4.4. The xerces validator is
> telling me that Elements at that level must be declared. XML spy
> does not complain when validation the same instance document/schema.

Without actually seeing your schema it's hard to tell which of the
validators is correct, but bear in mind that the processContents
attribute on xs:any defaults to 'strict', which means that if the
validator finds an element in the instance that gets validated against
the xs:any, but it can't find a global element declaration for that
element, it should raise an error.

Cheers,

Jeni

---