Re: setting dtd to validate against

Hello Steven,

I would suspect that the DOCTYPE declaration in your XML instance is still the only “standard” way to tell what DTD-style
declarations have to be used for validation.
You can, of course, derive your own factory/parser/handlers and define new SAX properties to allow DTD references outside the XML
instance.

Maybe the DOM Level 3 Abstract Schemas specification (Working Draft status) will provide a standard interface to “load a grammar”,
i.e. both DTDs and Schemas. At this point, as I read it, giving access to only part of the information a Schema can contain.
I'm not sure what should happen in case of conflict between the two -- I have asked the question some months ago in this list and I
didn't see any reply.

Enjoy your further exploration and best regards,

--
Jacques

--
Jacques Deseyne
SWIFTAlliance WebStation Development Team

This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information that is
confidential and/or proprietary and is intended for the sole use of
the recipient(s) named above. It is not intended to create or affect
any contractual arrangements between the parties. If you have received
this e-mail by mistake, please notify the sender and delete it immediately.
Thank you for your cooperation.