Re: Help wanted with XML Schema for Dublin Core in RDF/XML

Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk> writes:

<snip/>

> The old schema had <complexType>s for each of the Dublin Core
> elements, since I was told, that made it easier to re-use the
> schema(s) by redefining and/or restricting them.
>
> The example I was given was, having made <complexType> dc:title
> like:
>
>   <complexType name="dc:title" mixed="true">
>       <sequence>
> 	 <any processContents="lax" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
>       </sequence>
>       <attribute ref='xml:lang'/>
>    </complexType>

In the once you sent the list, the xml:lang wasn't there, so aside
from giving a name, you just had the ur-type.  You can always restrict
something whose type is the ur-type, so naming didn't seem necessary.
Redefine is of course different.

>    <element name="dc:title" type="dc:title"/>
>
> (or somesuch) it allowed in another schema:
>
>   <complexType name="title">
>        <complexContent>
> 	  <restriction base="dc:title">
> 	     <sequence>
> 		 <element name="mainTitle" type="string"/>
> 		 <element name="secondaryTitle" type="string"/>
> 	     </sequence>
> 	     <attribute ref='xml:lang'/>
> 	   <restriction>
>        <complexContent>
>   <complexType>

Yes, but _only_ if you want to include that in a redefine, otherwise
it achieves nothing.

And it's not obvious to my what use case you have in mind that
motivates preparing for redefine.