Re: Multiple <import> into same namespace?

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@cogsci.ed.ac.uk>
Date: 10 Jan 2002 09:58:25 +0000
To: Simon.Cox@csiro.au
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Simon.Cox@csiro.au writes:

> A schema-factoring question.
>
> Is it OK to have more than one <import > with
> the same value for the namespace, but different
> values of the schemaLocation?
>
> The behaviour of processors in repsonse
> to schemaLocation hints is not well defined.
> So how should one to respond to being told to
> look in two places for components in a single namespace?
> I'd like it to construct a union of the components.
> Is this a reasonable assumption?

XSV will ignore all xs:imports with the same namespace after the
first successful one, as the REC allows it to.

The safe way to do what you want is to define a stub schema document
in the imported namespace which consists of two (or more) xs:includes
of the documents you want, and then use _that_ schema doc as the
schemaLoc of a single xs:import.