Re: restricting element name length

From: Eric van der Vlist <vdv@dyomedea.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:24:34 +0100
To: Oleg Tkachenko <olegt@multiconn.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi,

Oleg Tkachenko wrote:
> Hello !
>
> Can I restrict length of an element name in w3 schema?

There are several different possible interpretations of your question :) ...

While the answer from Jeni is (as usual :) ) 100% accurate, if your
question is "how can I restrict schemas to define elements with names
having a maximum length of ...?", you could write a schema to validate
those schemas.

To do so, you would have to create a schema which would redefine the
definition of the complex types used by the schema for schema to
describe its "xs:element" element in the different contexts where it is
used and this shouldn't be a big deal!

With such a schema, you could then validate other schemas to check that
they do not define elements with oversized length.

Hope this helps.

Eric
--
See you in Seattle.