RE: How to represent fixed namespace attributes?

From: Pete Beazley <pete@clearlyonline.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:06:44 -0500
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Cc: "'Jeni Tennison'" <jeni@jenitennison.com>
> A 'standard' solution is used for XHTML and some other markup
> languages. In the DTD, you declare a bunch of parameter entities that
> record what prefix you're using:

Ah, thanks for pointing that approach out. The good news (at least for
us) is that we are setting this up in an environment where the authors
and editors will have very little interest in what specific namespace
prefixes are used. So we can be a bit heavy-handed if necessary and
specify the prefixes for them.

Thanks for your help.

Pete
--------