Re: Any Schema error codes?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 22:56:47 +0000
To: Christopher Birkett <christopherbirkett@yahoo.com>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Hi Chris,

> Is there a standard set of error codes if the XML document fails the
> Schema validation? My parser is just creating a text message.

There's not a standard set of error codes as such. The closest you can
probably get are the normative outcome tabulations at
http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#outcomes. These list the various
validation rules, schema representation constraints and schema
component constraints that might be broken when you validate a
document.

> Also, is there any way to get the element or attribute that caused
> the error besides using the line and column number which is really
> tedious?

This really depends on your parser, I think, and just what it offers
you by way of an API. You don't mention which you're using.

Cheers,

Jeni

---
Jeni Tennison