RE: Limited implementation of Global Attributes?

xmlns:Action="Add" declares a new local namespace prefix called Action with
the URI "Add" which is not what you want.

The problem with your schema is that the Action attribute is globally
declared, thus requiring it to be explicitly assigned to a namespace. Since
your instance document uses a default namespace instead of declaring a
prefix and using that, the attributes in it are NOT in that namespace (which
is probably a little known fact about XML and namespaces).

If you want to use Action without an explicit namespace qualifier, declare
it in a global attributeGroup in the schema (so that the attribute
declaration itself is no longer global).

Hope this helps,

-- Steen