Canonical lexical representation

From: Kelly Lynch <kellyly@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:42:25 -0500 (EST)
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
>From my reading of the XML schema datatypes, I would expect that the datatype value is supposed to be formatted in the "canonical lexical representation". However, I've found XML validation tools (namely MSXMLDOM 4.0) that enforce the less restrictive "lexical representation".

What is supposed to be used? I really can't imagine that the W3 committee responsible for the datatype definitions would really waste the time to define the canonical representation if they were not intended to be used.

Does anyone know to what level of strictness the various XML schema validation tools are enforcing the datatype value representations?

Thanks,
KellyGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download : http://explorer.msn.com