Re: all group

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> > eumH. Where did you find these constraints ????? I defined an XML Schema
> > where 1) 2) and 4) are violated and the schema was validated (????)
>
> In the REC [1]:
>
>    * (all) . . . In this case, to reduce implementation complexity,
>      {particles} is restricted to contain local and top-level element
>      declarations only, with {min occurs}=0 or 1, {max occurs}=1.

OK. You're right. But i used group such as:

<group name="1" >
<choice>
	<group ref="2"/>
</choice>
</group>

<group name="2">
 <sequence>
	<group ref="3" minOccurs=0 maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
	<element...../>
 </sequence>
</group>

...etc.

I validate all my XML Schemas using IBM WebSphere 5 validator (the latest
version) that would have to follow the REC (????). I do not use group with
all (only with "sequence" and "choice" that do not imply "all" strong
constraints - it seems for me)

Thank you for your answer.

Regards,

Herve

> and [2]:
>
>    Schema Component Constraint: All Group Limited
>
>      When a model group has {compositor} all all of the following must
>      be true:
>
>       1 one of the following must be true:
>
>         1.1 It appears as the model group of a model group definition.
>
>         1.2 It appears in a particle with {min occurs}={max occurs}=1,
>             and that particle must be part of a pair which constitutes the
>            {content type} of a complex type definition.
>
>       2 The {max occurs} of all the particles in the {particles} of
>         the group must be 0 or 1.
>
> > What and where is the truth ?????
>
> As above.  I guess not all validators are conformant in this area --
> XSV doesn't enforce (1).
>
> ht
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#Model_Groups
> [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-1/#cos-all-limited

-- Herve VERJUS -------ooOoo------- herve.verjus@esia.univ-savoie.fr --
-- LISTIC-ESIA (Lab.)               Universite de Savoie
-- B.P. 806                         Tel : +33 (0) 450 096 594
-- F - 74016 ANNECY Cedex           Fax : +33 (0) 450 096 590