RE: Problems with definingt simple restriction

You try to restrict the built-in datatype "xs:double", which does not have
an attribute "currency".

Your base type must contain at least an attribute definition called
"currency".
So it has to be a complexType definition with simpleContent child.

The following should work:

	<xs:complexType name="basePrice">
		<xs:simpleContent>
			<xs:extension base="xs:double">
				<xs:attribute name="currency"
type="xs:string" use="required"/>
			</xs:extension>
		</xs:simpleContent>
	</xs:complexType>

	<xs:complexType name="Price">
		<xs:simpleContent>
			<xs:restriction base="basePrice">
				<xs:fractionDigits value="2"/>

			</xs:restriction >
		</xs:simpleContent>
      </xs:complexType>

Best regards,
Peter

Peter Kriegesmann
Phone	 06151-921484
Electronic Business Technologies (QE)				Fax
06151-921612

Software AG
http://www.softwareag.com
Uhlandstrasse 12