Re: how do I use it?

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:07:12 +0100
To: Laura Lin <LLin@ngresults.com>
CC: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi Laura,

> How do I validate my XML file against my schema file? Is this tool
> (in this web site: http://www.w3.org/2001/03/webdata/xsv) used for
> that? I can only upload one file at a time, if I upload the XML
> file, it told me it can not find the .xsd file. If I upload the .xsd
> file without uploading the .xml file, it told me it success! How can
> it success with out the XML file? I am confused. Please help, thank
> you.

The easiest way, I find, is to use Topologi's Schematron Validator
from http://www.topologi.com/validator. Install the program and run
it. Select the file you want to validate on the left and the schema
you want to validate on the right, and hit the big green "Run..."
button.

The Topologi Schematron Validator uses MSXML4 to do the validation, so
you have to download and install that first, from
http://msdn.microsoft.com/.

Alternatively, there are several other validators around that you
could use, most of which allow you to specify what schema you want to
use through the command line. See http://www.w3.org/XML/Schema#Tools
for a list.

Cheers,

Jeni