Additional questions on non-deterministic content model

From: Rainer Becker <r.becker@Nitro-Software.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:03:33 +0200
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Hallo NG,

I know, that I have understood the principles of a deterministic content
model.
However, I would be lucky, if someone could explain the following questions,
thank you.

- In the XML-Spec there is a non-normative (Appendix E) and a normative
reference concerning
  this problem:
       For compatibility, it is an error if the content model allows an
element to match more
       than one occurrence of an element type in the content
model.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
  Is it correct, that a parser is not required to throw an error, although
this reference is normative?

- Why does the majority of XML Schema parsers throw an error, if a
content-model is non-deterministic,
  while DTD parsers donīt ?

Thank you

Rainer