Re: Why doesn't this instance document validate?

John Verhaeg <jverhaeg@metamatrix.com> writes:

> Can someone tell me why the attached instance document using the attached
> schemas won't validate?  XML Spy is saying "This file is not valid:
> Mandatory local element 'publisher' must be unqualified (i.e. outside of any
> namespace), but you are using a default namespace".

Exactly what it says -- you have (by default) specified that
locally-declared elements (which 'publisher' is) must appear
unqualified, but by using a default NS decl in your instance, you've
caused it to appear qualified.

Either use an explicit prefix on the document element only in your
instance, or add "elementFormDefault='qualified'" to your xs:schema
elements.

This is a FAQ, sorry for the brief answer, there must be a longer one
around somewhere . . .