RE: Is the fixed-attribute on length-facet useless?

From: Christopher Ebert <cebert@pocketthis.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 09:33:23 -0700
To: <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

	<bunch of snip>
Sure, but when you restrict the password type, the restricted type
can't have a minLength that's *less than* the password's minLength in
any case. The same goes for any other facet -- if a value is valid for
a simple type, then it *must* be valid for its base type, by
definition. The fixed attribute would allow you to prevent people from
	<more snip>

	When would the error show up? (This may be related to a problem I'm trying to solve -- or maybe not...) I would hope the parser would throw an error that pointed at the derived type's 'minLength' that was less than the base type's minLength. Maybe that's not the case? Or maybe it is for some parsers and not others?

	Chris