Re: Validation with multiple schemas

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:31:16 +0100
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Hi Dave,

> If I remove s:type="bar" from t.xml, though, XML Spy correctly says
> it is invalid while Xerces is still silent.
>
> If you think this is really just a Xerces bug, I will ask somewhere
> else, but I'm more worried that I'm doing something fundamentally
> wrong.

Well, the schema says that it's invalid for the attribute to be
missing, so if Xerces is validating but isn't reporting that, I think
it's buggy. Before reporting it, though, I'd make sure that you're
calling Xerces correctly and that it does spot other kinds of errors.

> If there is another parser/version that I could use to test my
> validation, I'd appreciate the tip also.

Try MSXML4. The easiest way to use it is to install MSXML4 and then
use Topologi's Schematron validator from www.topologi.com.

Cheers,

Jeni

---