Getting the datatype from XSD

From: Mikael Joukakelian <mikaelj@CAE.COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 10:08:02 -0400
To: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>

Hi,

I have an XSD Schema and an instance of it which I am reading using MSXML. I
would like to get the dataype (int, max value, ...) of each
element\attribute that I read. This information is found in the Schema and
there should be a way to retrieve it however the only help I got from MSXML
told me that I cannot get property information from Schemas (see below)..

dataType Property []
Specifies the data type for this node. This property applies to document
type definitions (DTDs) only, not to XML-Data Reduced (XDR) schemas or XML
Schema definition language (XSD) schemas.