float and double datatype in NIST test suite

From: Stefan Wachter <Stefan.Wachter@gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 09:31:16 -0400 (EDT)
To: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Dear all,

while working through the NIST test cases I found schemas that assumed a
huge range for floats and doubles. For example the schema
NISTSchema-double-minExclusive-1.xsd has the facet <minExclusive value="1E-1075"/>.

Studying the IEEE 754 specification I came the conclusion that the exponent
in this NIST schema is much too great. For doubles the exponent must be
smaller than 308. Right?

Thanks for your attention,