Re: Web XML schema validator not working today

From: Craig P Steffen <csteffen@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:11:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: Craig P Steffen <csteffen@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

On Fri, 02 Aug 2002 11:11:48 -0500
Craig P Steffen <csteffen@ncsa.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I've been using your web-based schema evaluator all week on a
> communications project at my new job at the NCSA.
>
> I just tried to run it, and there's no response.  My browser keeps
> saying "Connecting to www.w3.org".  The w3 site seems to come up ok.

Oh bloody hell--user generated error.  What I'd done was typed in a web
address for a machine that has a DNS entry, but isn't currently turned
on.  The web form just froze.

It might be nice to have your form generate an error message if you tell
it to retreive a URL from a machine that's not responding; say, in 15
seconds.

Sorry to bother you.

Sincerely,

Craig Steffen

--
csteffen@ncsa.uiuc.edu
current goal: get network access from home