Re: XSchema Validation

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:33:05 -0400
To: Vishal Bhasin <Vishal.Bhasin@sabre.com>, xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Questions about Xerces-J should be posted to

You can subscribe by sending e-mail to xerces-j-user-subscribe@xml.apache.

with a subject of 'subscribe firstname lastname'.

Sibling elements that do not repeat can be passed in any order if the
       content model in the schema specifies <all> rather than <sequence>.

Inter-field validation is only partially expressible in W3C XML Schema

Read up on 'identity definition constraints' in any book about XML Schema

Vishal Bhasin <Vishal.Bhasin@sabre.com>@w3.org on 07/31/2002 12:53:54 PM

Sent by:    xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org

To:    xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Subject:    XSchema Validation

Hi All,

Can some please answer the following queries :
1) Is Interleaving implemented in Xerces Schema validation ? In other

if I don't pass a field that is declared in XSD file, will it work ?
2) Can I pass the fields in any sequence ?
3) How can I perform inter-field validation ?
4) Can I call java methods from within the XForms to perform validation

Thanks in anticipation !