Re: XML Schema validation using XERCES --- the correct mailing list to get this question answered...

From: Bob Schloss <rschloss@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 13:38:44 -0400
To: <pavitra.jain@patni.com>
Cc: xmlschema-dev@w3.org

Kindly post your questions about XERCES to one of the mailing lists
for Xerces (there is one for Xerces-C and another for Xerces-J).

For Xerces-J, you can send a message to:

with a subject line and body of Subscribe YourFirstName YourLastName

or you can just post to

and then watch the archive, which you can find here:

"Pavitra Jain" <pavitra.jain@patni.com>@w3.org on 04/25/2002 03:18:54 AM

Please respond to <pavitra.jain@patni.com>

Sent by:    xmlschema-dev-request@w3.org

To:    <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>
Subject:    XML Schema validation using XERCES

I am GENERATING an XML which is sent to a cental collating department. They
validate it against an XSD. Now in my generation program I want to validate
the SAX events for xml tags against this schema (available to me), but not
put a doctype instruction in the final doc. Is there any way to dynamicaly
assign a schema to an xml file.