Re: Schema Design: Composition vs Subclassing

From: Francis Norton <francis@redrice.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:51:23 +0100
To: Eddie Robertsson <erobertsson@allette.com.au>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Eddie Robertsson wrote:

Hi Eddie,

>1) My XSLT skills are limited (which showed when Francis rewrote and simplified
>my original script) and having the stylesheet determine the context would add
>more complexity to the stylesheet.

Just gave it a bit of a polish as I remember it - in fact your comment
gave me a slight sinking feeling since it reminded me of my ongoing
TypeTagger project, where either my skills or determination have sadly
bottomed-out. It's relevent because it generates a transform which,
although it doesn't *validate* documents against an XML Schema, will map
instance elements to the type declared in an XML Schema. This technology
could be combined with Schematron to incorporate the co-location context.

Maybe time to get back  to work on it ...

Francis.